Monday, May 19, 2014

Deidre, do not let your heart be troubled...

Saturday evening, Deidre was telling me how nights have been pretty rough on her, mentally. As a result, she hasn't been sleeping and has become extremely tired and exhausted during the days.

Most of us can relate to our minds not being able to turn off during stressful times, when all we want to do is sleep. I told Dee that I absolutely know how that feels. And that, that is the time I have my best and longest prayers/conversations with God. Whatever is weighing heavily on my mind and preventing me from my 8 hours of much-needed slumber, is most likely the exact same things that I should be "giving to God" and trusting Him to take care of. 


Sunday morning came and my church sang "Your Love Never Fails". One line in particular stood out to me and is what gave me the idea for today's post. "There may be pain in the night, but joy comes in the morning." This fact has given me comfort many times and through many trials in my life. 
Today, please specifically pray for Deidre to cast her anxieties on her Father and to get back into a good, healthy sleeping pattern.

"Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7 

No comments:

Post a Comment